Whenever we talk about steam showers people will have hundreds of questions in their mind. Since it deals with high temperature, you need to understand few important things. There is lots of literature available on the uses and benefits of water, heat and steam. With this article will try to understand the important factors.
Usage of steam has been in many cultures all around the world. The soothing aromatic steam has been used as part of their bathing system. During 1960s many resorts, private clubs and health centers used steam shower cabins to heal lots of health related issues. Over the period of time the usage of steam showers has gained lots of popularity and thus became popular treatment method. Today, you will find almost all modern house constructions including steam shower in their bath facility.
Lots of massage therapists, health and beauty mentors, aestheticians and dermatologists across the globe have adopted steam shower treatment. Steam shower keeps your body hydrated, especially during winter and summer. Your body pores get opened thus excreting the toxins and dirt from your body. The regular exposure to steam also helps in improved blood circulation and clears your nasal and sinus blockages.
Below mentioned are some important factors to note:
- In order to construct a room for steam shower you need to make sure the ceiling is tiled. This is to ensure entrapment of steam and moisture within the room
- Steam generator should be placed outside the steam shower room.
- You need to provide a seating arrangement inside the steam room where you can sit comfortably and get the benefits of steam
- Depending upon your preference and taste you can fix the budget for steam shower room construction
- According to some experts you need to have a room of at least 3’ X 3’ X 7’ to have a comfortable sitting.
- You need to provide a ½” per foot sloping on the ceiling in order to collect the condensation at one place. Otherwise, you will get drops all around the room.
By constructing the steam shower at your bath room you can some more additional health benefits such as:
- Detoxification of the entire body
- Enhanced metabolism for the improved overall health
- Relief from the muscular pains
- Improved blood circulation
- Glowing and soft skin
- Stress relieving
- Relief from the respiratory issues
- Total relaxing of your body
All of the above mentioned benefits can be yours if you start simply sitting inside a free standing shower cabin. Yes, you don’t have to do any physical exercise. If you do not have a cabinet at home, you can make use of one in any resort or hotel or spa by paying as low as 10 to 25 cents per hour.
You can get similar benefits from sauna as well. Only difference between the two is temperature and moisture content. You can also think of converting your existing bath/shower to steam shower or sauna and start receiving the benefits at your home.